Sunday, May 6, 2012

Derby Special

Oooooh. Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby on the same day. How can we contain our excitement? Like we need two reasons to drink! Anyway, Cindy has been asking me to bring a recipe that more people would have the ingredients for. So, when I found out that the classic Derby Special fits this mold, I was glad to give it a try.

The original recipe calls for Cointreau, but I subbed in triple sec for ours and it works fine (and costs less). I think we'll find drinks for each of the Triple Crown races for you this year (and don't forget that we have the other two boroughs of New York to pour for you, yet).

Derby Special
Classic Pour Series

2 ounces light rum
1 ounce orange juice
1/2 ounce Cointreau
1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice

Pour all of the ingredients over ice in a blender. Blend and spoon into a cocktail glass.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete